Join New York Adventure Club for a behind-the-scenes tour of the New Fulton Fish Market, an $86 million state-of-the-art facility in Hunts Point, Bronx that holds the title for world’s second largest fish market (smaller only to Tokyo’s Tsukiji fish market).
Led by the Security Director of New Fulton Fish Market during peak operation, our exploration of this 400,000-square-foot facility will include:
- A safety briefing on the market, which is filled with fast moving forklifts and pallet jacks
- A discussion around the dynamics of market business, from receiving goods at the unloading docks, to the delivery of product to wholesalers, to the nomenclature of business between buyers and wholesalers
- A trip to the central market floor to see species of fish from all over the world, as well as the movement of the seafood supply chain for the tri-state area
- A chance to see how New York City’s top seafood restaurateurs and fish mongers negotiate for the freshest seafood
- The opportunity to purchase fish at wholesale
Click here to see pictures from one of our last visits to New Fulton Fish Market!
*Full transportation options, meeting location instructions, and recommended dress attire will be included in the confirmation email upon RSVP.
*Transportation is not included for this experience
By attending a New York Adventure Club experience, you accept our terms of service.