Join New York Adventure Club for a behind-the-scenes hard hat tour of the abandoned hospital complex on Ellis Island, the United States’ first and largest public health service hospital, which operated between 1902 and 1930.
Our adventure through select areas of the 750-bed Ellis Island Hospital Complex, which has been abandoned for over 60 years, will include:
- A walkthrough of the Isolation, Measles, and Trachoma Wards
- A look at the Kitchen and Laundry Room
- Access inside the Administration building, Ferry Building, and Pharmacist’s House
- A visit to the Autopsy Area
- A close up look at life-size historic photographs of Ellis Island immigrants by renowned artist JR, which are installed on 16 interior walls
- NYAC-only access to secret areas throughout the complex
Click here to see pictures from one of our last visits to the Ellis Island Hospital Complex
* Deadline for “With Ferry” tickets is on May 12 @ 4:00PM
** Closed-toe shoes are required
*** While our tour begins at 2:00pm in front of the Ellis Island Visitor Center information desk, attendees who purchase admission with a ferry ticket must meet at 12:00pm in front of Castle Clinton in Battery Park in order to pick up your ticket from the brand ambassador and board the Ellis Island ferry ahead of time. Full meeting location details will be provided in a confirmation email upon ticket purchase.
**** Full name, email address, and home address are required from every attendee for Ellis Island’s liability waiver
***** While cameras are encouraged, tripods and other stationary photography equipment are not permitted on NPS property
By attending a New York Adventure Club experience, you accept our terms of service.